Friday, September 21, 2012

Cinnamon Caramel Apples

 
So I was ordering my bulk almond and coconut flour from amazon.com when I came across coconut sugar.  It is low glycemic and full of vitamins and minerals.  I don't know if it is technically in the SCD diet since I can't find much info on it.  If you know any more about this product, I'd love to hear from you.  I got the unrefined organic kind.  It is YUMMY!  You can use it in this recipe or use honey. 

Cinnamon Caramel Apples

4 Gala apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 in thick
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or honey)
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp butter

Let all the ingredients simmer in a pot on the stove until the apples start to soften.  Serve plain or with a scoop of homemade ice cream or a dollop of sweetened vanilla homemade yogurt. 

Here is the link to the coconut sugar I bought on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Navitas-Naturals-Coconut-16-Ounce-Pouches/dp/B004KPFUCO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348260060&sr=8-2&keywords=coconut+sugar+organic

No comments:

Post a Comment