Friday, October 19, 2012

Italian Shredded Beef

I was mourning the loss of using handy spice packets to make easy-crock pot meals.  So I got my creativity flowing to try to recreate this great comfort food, and I got it!  No additives...no gums...no strange ingredients....Enjoy on your next cozy fall day! Serve over rice (for non SCD'rs)

Italian Shredded Beef

3lb chuck roast (trim off any large pieces of fat)
1 1/2 cup Kitchen Basics Beef Stock
1/8 cup dried onion flakes
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp dried pizza seasoning (I get mine at a local bulk food store that has lots of spices)


Mix stock with spices and honey.  Arrange roast in the crock-pot and pour over stock mixture.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Shred and enjoy!  It will melt in your mouth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment